WELCOME TO CHATTERIS MUSEUM
Chatteris ‘Past, Present and Future’ Civic Society have launched this excellent digital tour of Chatteris.
Finds from this year’s archaeology dig at Ramsey Abbey here.
The museum re-opened on Saturday mornings only from 1st August
To allow this to happen safely, the following guidelines for visitors is in place.
Visitors are be limited to downstairs galleries only to begin with.
- There is a one way system in place
- Limited visitor numbers in museum at any one time. A maximum of six initially.
- Visitors wanting to look at items in storage, documents, maps etc by appointment only.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry to building & Also near donation box/visitor comment book and on reception counter.
- All areas are thoroughly cleaned at end of each day, toilet is cleaned several times daily
- Numbers of volunteers working at any one time in office or upstairs area is limited to enable correct social distancing.
- All volunteers adhere to strict hand washing guidelines & wear PPE if considered appropriate.
- If anyone volunteering has symptoms of Covid, all volunteers & visitors will be contacted, museum closed and deep cleaned
We now have our own You Tube channel.
Click here, subscribe and enjoy our exhibits and stories:
A member of the Fenland Six Museums Group
Entry into the Museum is FREE, although a small donation is always appreciated. Car parking is also free in the car park opposite the Museum.
We are very welcoming and the building is wheelchair friendly, you can view a floor plan here.
Where are we?
14 Church Lane,
Cambridgeshire PE16 6JA
Tuesday:- 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Thursday:- 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Saturday:- 10.00am – 1.00pm
Find us on social media
Chatteris Museum is part of The Fenland Six Museums
Visit the Official Website for Fenland Tourism Here
Chatteris Museum is proud to support The Fen Edge Trail